Thursday

First Asparagus

On Sunday I cycled down to the farmers' market and bought my first bunch of 2009 asparagus - yay. There's something so heartening about those green spikes and the nearly summer sensation that they evoke.

Together with the beautiful speckled eggs I picked up:

(free range chickens are clearly more creative), some leftover poached salmon and a little melted butter, it was the perfect Spring lunch.

In case you were wondering, the beautiful green plate is part of a 1940's dinner service that I got for a bargainous £20 at a local auction house. I love bargains.


7 comments:

Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

Hi darling! how are you?
so delicious the asparagus! I adore them!

kisses
Silvia

Sam said...

I just love fresh asparagus, it's just a shame the season is so short!

jasmine said...

Abosolutely mouthwatering photos.

Localish asparagus is available now...looking for the perfect spears to wrap in bacon and serve with poached eggs...

j

glamah16 said...

What beautiful pictures!

breadchick said...

Just getting caught up and this dish makes me want to run back into the kitchen and mess up things all over again.

dolly said...

I love that ......
======
SEO services

Anonymous said...

I just love your website. There are so many great recipes here! I am so glad that I found it.
Cosmetic Surgery